I shared this insanely simple assemblage with a dear one recently, and yes, all the flavors in the universe were there, and then some. You’d pay big bucks for this at a raw restaurant. Do it for yourself for pennies.
Zucchini & Beet Angel Hair with Basil, Watercress & Heirloom Tomatoes
to share with a beloved
1 medium organic beet
1 medium organic zucchini
1 large heirloom tomato
handful crisp fresh watercress
handful fresh basil
sprinkle coarse sea salt
drizzle organic olive oil
juice of 1 organic lemon
drizzle balsamic vinegar
handful pumpkin, sunflower or hemp seeds
1. spiral slice the beet into fine angel hair. drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt. work through with your hands, giving the beet “noodles” a massage. let this marinate for an hour on the counter.
2. spiral slice the zucchini and plate. drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with sea salt. plate beet noodles.
3. dice heirloom tomato, place on plate beside zucchini angel hair, and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4. place watercress on plate, leaving undressed.
5. sprinkle everything with chopped basil and a handful of hemp or pumpkin seeds.
6. there is only love.